If you meet the income requirements, you will be contacted for an in-person meeting to complete a more in-depth application.
When you come in for an in-person interview, we will request you bring the following documentation:
- Drivers license or state ID
- Social Security card
- 12 months of income verification for all sources of income
- Filed tax returns from the previous 2 years
- Documentation of car payments (if any)
- Documentation of student loan payments (if any)
- 6 months of bank statements
- Free credit report from annualcreditreport.com
Your application and documentation will be reviewed by mortgage underwriters. The credit report you will provide is only for an initial review and cannot be used for the formal underwriting process. If after the initial review, your finances meet our underwriting criteria, we will collect $27.50 fee per applicant (payable by cash or money orders only) for the appropriate credit reports for a proper mortgage review and criminal background check. HFHPCA will also search the sex offender registry for all adults who would potentially occupy the Habitat home.